Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sooky sooky la la la

There have been tears today - and for no particular reason. I don't think this diet is working for me - I am so damn tired all the time. Friday night I fell asleep before dinner, woke up and ate and then fell straight back asleep again. Couldn't even watch the DVD I had hired - woke up at the end of it. I should point out that I was at a friend's place... not at home on my own!

Training sucked on Saturday. Firstly I walked into the gym to do a pump class only to find 'The Commando' in the class. He was a boy I was seeing late last year (a commando in the army, hence the nickname) - but he doesn't even go to FF, let alone MY gym. He is friends with the instructor (which is how I met him) so that's why he was there I assume. To cut a long story short I wasn't that interested in him so I basically ignored him in the hope he would go away. Eventually he did. So cut to Saturday morning, he's in the class and I feel like the biggest bitch ever for not even dumping him nicely. So I skipped the class and did a half arsed weights session upstairs, making a quick exit minutes before the class ended so I didn't have to face him in front of everyone and with gym hair.

Saturday night made it through dinner but very nearly fell asleep at the table - luckily got my second wind and managed to hold a conversation for a while longer. Then today am meant to be doing an 8km run but I don't think I can muster the energy. I'll do my usual half hour with stairs at the end and see how I feel after that. My hamstring is really sore - haven't been able to do a good run since last Tuesday.

The scales are not my friend. They tell me I have not lost ANY weight this week and that is a lie. At least my body fat is down 1.7% and my clothes feel looser, so I just need to wait until the scales catch up. I am going to stick with the diet for another week until I go back to the nutritionist. All the literature I have says that it is normal to feel crap for 3-4 days after you start - for me it didn't hit until 5 days in... maybe it is just a bit of a delay. Fingers crossed I will be feeling energised and on top of the world tomorrow.

No comments: