As the theme for the day seems to be sharing love lives and the traumas that go along with that, time for some boy news for you. Not much compared to what is going on for some people, but here's my current situation.
Mid December went out with a group of friends from the gym and had a great D&M with a particular boy I have known from for about 2 years, but have never seen him outside of the gym. At the end of the night he called to check I got home OK, and then sent a text saying how nice it was getting to know me.
Fast forward late December to a BBQ where we chat til 3am and then he walks me home. A few days later and I get a really nice text on xmas day. Monday last week he came over for dinner - again hours of chatting about all sorts of things and a follow up text saying he had a great time. He invited me to a picnic with some mutual friends on new year's day.
All sounding good right? I had my reservations...
1) he goes to the same gym, so if things don't go well, there will be no avoidance as I see him most mornings
2) he is friends with my PT (Rusty), so as above
3) he recently split up with his wife, mother of his 2 little kids (probably could be reason number 1, but actually, the gym thing bothers me more)
This was followed by a couple of days of serious thinking and debriefing with the girls and I came to the conclusion that there was no harm in continuing to see him as I had been, to see if he was worth the risk.
A few days later, we had a NYE party at our apartment and he had said he would drop in after seeing his kids.
By 11pm I hadn't heard from him at all. Rusty sent him a message asking if he was coming, and he replied no, he was staying with the kids as he had to pick them up at 8am the next morning anyway. No big deal - except that he didn't call or text to say he wasn't coming. Why do guys do that? Or is it just us girls who expect that if you say you are coming to a party you will actually show up? Not even a 'happy new year' text. I heard via other friends that the picnic was cancelled, but nothing from gym boy.
Then yesterday I get a text saying he would call either today or tomorrow and catch up. I haven't replied - I figure I'll let him call and see what he says. So the big question is... IS HE WORTH IT?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
HI Em,
I have been a lurker for ages... 2009 is the year of me commenting!!
By the way i love your blog.
Regarding the boy... I am happily married, and my husband has a son from a previous relationship. We actually have him most of the time, the ex partner is a bit of a drop kick.
After reading your post about the guy, i would wait and see how things go...maybe see if he contacts you and arranges catch ups, to show he is really interested!
If it ends up going somewhere, you can let him know that you would like him to call or text if being held up by the kids.
Having a partner who has kids from a previous relationship is a hard thing to do, and has many ups and downs... but i think if you end up loving the guy, it's part of his package.
Best of luck with it all... let us know how it goes.
-Jac
Welcome Miss J! Just checked out your blog - you are about the same weight as me, and have a similar goal. Yay!
The kids thing doesn't bother me at all - but as you said I would expect a call or text if he has to change plans. I would expect that from anyone. Time will tell if this was just 'one of those things' or if it is his normal behaviour. I agree with you- let's see how keen he is!
Em
Its waaayyy to early to decide if he's worth it based on the absence of one txt msg! What if he's wonderful in every other regard except for that! Live life a little, and take a risk. Just enjoy yourself!
yep -- go with time.. as frustrating as that is!! and god knows I'm no expert at it! Time and gut feelings..
xxHappy New Years!
Post a Comment