Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tired tired tired

I was sound asleep when my alarm went off at 7.15 this morning - that is not like me at all! Did a speed session on the treadmill with Rusty, with some weights thrown into the middle. My legs are really aching now! After a warm up jog around the block before the gym opened we did 90 seconds on, 30 seconds off x 4 times (I was running at 11km an hour, which is fast for me!). Got through the first set without any pain in my hammy or knee which was quite exciting. It kicked in on the second set of 4 x 90 seconds, and ended up doing the last 2 sprints on the cross trainer instead.

Max heart rate 190 (101% of max!) , average 140. 833 calories.

I am starting my 10 week challenge tomorrow so will post starting weight and some measurements in the morning. I am thinking I need to rethink my eating plan and supplements to give my muscles the maximum opportunity for repair. Might go back to the naturopath even, but for now I am going to start taking my magnesium/iron/potassium again, and my multivitamin. I have been really slack on that for the past month and am starting to feel the effects of all the extra training. Everything hurts and I am super tired today. About to go for a swim and then head into the Domain to see Cat Empire play - that finishes about 9pm so might not stick around for the next band... an early night is in order.

1 comment:

Miss N said...

You're so inspiring me lately!! everytime I read one of your great exercise posts I want to get off my lazy arse!! N