Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baggy pants

Yay! My pants are feeling baggy today!!! Woohoo!!! Glad things are actually moving at a pace the coincides with the amount of exercise that I do. The nutritionist rocks!!!

Running tonight as I decided a sleep in was more important. At the time didn't think about the fact that it will probably be close to 30 degrees when I finish work. Oh well, drink lots, sweat lots and jump in the pool when I'm done :) Tempo run today - 35 mins running with 20 minutes at tempo.

For about a year now I have been planning my BR surgery for April 2009. After seeing the surgeon for an initial consultation and a quote I decided to increase the level of cover for my health insurance to save myself $4000 in hospital costs. The waiting period was 12 months, which brings me to 1 April 2009. I was planning on having the surgery 6 April and use Easter as part of my recovery, giving me 8 days off work with only 4 days sick leave. However my boss is going to Thailand that week so I can't have the time off (there's only 5 of us here), which brings me to mid April.

Now that it is a reality I'm getting scared as opposed to excited. I've even considered spending the money on a nice European holiday instead. Am I crazy having elective surgery? Are the risks worth it? I've never been in hospital, never had surgery and never been seriously sick - I've had a wisdom tooth pulled out in the chair at the dentist (nothing major)... that's the most traumatic thing I've had done... and I was shaking like you wouldn't believe! Oh and I am allergic to anti-inflammatory medication so it will be ice packs all the way for my recovery.

So let's look at the motivation behind my decision to go through with the surgery...
- My boobs are massive and uncomfortable (surgeon estimates he will take 1kg from each side - that should give you an indication!)
- I have lost a heap of weight and my cup size is still the same. Some of the volume is gone, but I just have to stuff the loose skin into my bra
- I constantly have sore shoulders and sometimes a sore neck from carrying the weight
- I hate them and the attention I get
- Clothes shopping sucks - it is near impossible to buy clothes with buttons as if something fits my bust it will be too big everywhere else
- I can't wear nice strapless clothes even though I now like my shoulders, as a strapless bra doesn't give me the support I need

So, I've made an appointment with the surgeon on 20 Feb to have another consultation and book in my surgery for mid April. Shitting myself already!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Em, I think you should go for it. For a few months of discomfort to start with to a lifetime of boob freedom!!
I would love boob work and a tummy tuck, its just trying to convince my husband its a good idea!
XXX