I've managed to catch myself a bit of a cold - I've got the sniffles and generally feel like crap. I trained this morning, but probably shouldn't have, although I didn't completely smash myself for a change.
I've been thinking alot about the types of food I've been eating. For the past couple of weeks I've been eating for nutritional value and am feeling so much better for it. I've made my own muesli, and have yogurt instead of milk. There's no sugar or honey in it - just a little dried fruit to sweeten, and I put fresh berries on top. I've swapped my peanut butter for natural almond, cashew & brazil nut butter. I'm cooking with coconut oil (it has a thermogenic effect). I haven't had any Diet Coke. I'm drinking more white and green tea. I no longer miss my cereal in the morning - it has no appeal whatsoever.
All this has come out of a trip to Macro & Woollies with a nutritionist. I knew alot of what she had to say - I am pretty obsessive about reading labels already, but I did learn enough to make some further changes to my diet.
My treats still aren't great - the occasional hot cross bun or chocolate creeps in. I'm sure I could make better choices there. Can't wait for Easter to be over!!! However I am thinking more about how foods make me feel - I considered some naan bread yesterday, but decided I didn't want the heavy bloated feeling I get after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HI Em,
Sounds like you are doing well! I'm back at WW... but wanting to do a healthier version rather than just crap in my points.. was wondering if you can give us the recipe of your muesli or point out a good one from supermarket ? Would love to hear more about your healthy eating!
Cheers,
Jac
Post a Comment