Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Push Through

Training: 1 hour PT
5 min cross trainer warm up
Bike - 45 second sprint, 45 seconds easy (repeat 5 times)
Row - 2 minutes moderate pace
Cable flies, chest press, lateral raise (3 sets x 15)
Row - 2 minutes moderate pace
Straight arm pull downs, tricep push ups and some lifty thing that works your lats (I don't usually use it cause I can't reach!) (3 sets x 15)
stretch

I seriously didn't want to train this morning. Usually I am awake when my alarm goes off at 5.25am. This morning, sound asleep. I then fell back asleep - lucky I had hit snooze instead of turning the alarm off. I then struggled to walk to the gym and struggled on my warm up. Not a good sign!

Somewhere in the session a reserve tank of energy was found and I felt OK. By the end of the session I felt normal, and managed to burn 600 calories in the process.

I blamed my exhaustion/tiredness on my moderate-low carb intake. I have been eating 'on plan' for 6 days so definitely in need of a refeed meal. Problem is that I don't feel mentally prepared for the slight scale spike that comes with it. Maybe tomorrow I'll plan in a morning tea or lunch treat - that way I've trained hard before and have the rest of the day to get rid of it. Wednesday night's spin class followed by yoga should sort out the head and the body!

No comments: