Friday, March 27, 2009

Becoming unsociable

I am currently ignoring the scales. TTOM seems to undo all my hard work - hopefully I will be back to normal in the next day or so.

I find the more I train and concentrate on my nutrition, the more unsociable I become. Getting up at stupid o'clock (5.25am) Mon to Fri and 7am Saturday doesn't help. Sunday is negotiable, but I usually like to get my run out of the way early, and before breakfast, so that is usually 7am as well. I don't think I could sleep in if I tried. By the time it gets to 8.30pm after a full day of training, walk home, get ready for work, walk to work, walk home (sometimes via the gym for a second session) I am ready for bed. I can't even stay awake to watch trashy TV.

I love catching up for brunch with friends - it is easy to order healthy food for brunch. Poached eggs, omlettes or muesli with low fat yogurt. All part of my "normal" eating plan - I just need to co-ordinate the time to coincide with either meal 1 or 2.

Dinner is another matter. For the second week in a row I am invited to a dinner at a Spanish Tapas restaurant. This time it is a set menu - $45 for a heap of food, probably less than half that I can eat. Salycilate allergy will cancel out all tomato based dishes, and anything spicy. On top of that I won't be eating bread, and will avoid anything deep fried. $45 for a salad???? I've already had my treat meal for the week as I had a friend here from Melbourne so we had a couple of drinks and Japanese for dinner.

Sometimes I don't worry when I eat out. I just go along with what everyone else is doing (within moderation) and train before and the next day. At the moment I am in such a great head space and making progress. I don't want to come undone.

However, at the risk of becoming an unsociable hermit I will partake in Spanish tapas and stop being such a girl about what I eat.

3 comments:

KJ Photography said...

I know the feeling.

Sometimes you just need that moment to just ENJOY eating again, rather than worrying about diets and calories, protein, fat, etc.

I am going to a wedding tomorrow, and that is the one place I can actually do that (after all, not much choice, hey?).

Esstarr said...

Hey Em! You have done SO well. I am so happy for you. And not long now to the BR. My god!

I'm trying to get back into it now, after too many nights out and about, eating & drinking too much, which stops me getting up and out in the morning (my only exercise time).

You are an inspiration..... emxx

Anonymous said...

Eating out is hard to do when we're sticking to a strict regime.
But it's good to let our hair down now and again.

You're doing great Em.

I've been lurking for ages (used to read you and comment a lot from my other blog).

Thought it was time to come out of the lurkers cupboard.
Hugs
S X