Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Biggest Loser

I admit it - I love the show. I love watching the training, and the transformations. Even though it is all dramatised for TV ratings, I identify with so much of what the contestants go through. I also enjoy yelling at the TV when they say or do something ridiculous or unrealistic.

The other night when Sammy admitted that she didn't think she looked any different to the girl who stood on the scales 6 weeks ago 24kg heavier. I went through that as well - it took me ages to come to terms with what I saw in the mirror.

I think this also sums up my journey...

"When I was overweight, I avoided exercise because it was difficult and sweaty and embarrassing. But it just goes to show that by removing the mental barrier, doing what you can and then stepping up for more the next day, you can embrace life and truly transform yourself – it’s amazing what you can achieve."
Alison Braun (previous contestant)

I still struggle with the mental barrier. Especially with running.

No comments: