Yesterday I spent some time on the internet searching for a new massage therapist in North Sydney, cause I am in desparate need of a massage and didn't want to go to my old one (long story, but for those long-time readers, she's Nathan's girlfriend and that wouldn't exactly be relaxing).
I found a website for a therapist who is also a naturopath so I started reading her website. She has quite alot of information on there so I was quite interested. Firstly, there was alot of info on allergies, specifically salicylites (aspirin) - which I am allergic to. It is a chemical intollerance that can cause a variety of reactions (anything from swelling of the hands, eyes or lips, asthma, rash, hives) and the problem is that it is naturally occuring in alot of foods. It is also in most shampoos and alot of skincare products. It is 'dose dependent', so sometimes I can eat something and be fine, but I could eat the same thing the next day and have a reaction. I have found it is aggrevated by stress, but most of what I know has been learnt by trial and error, as doctors ask me more questions about it than I ask them! This naturopath even contributed symptoms such as sore throat, muscle soreness and flu-like symptoms as part of the allergy, which might just explain why I keep getting sick. Over the past month, I have had a day or two here and there where I just feel generally crap - like I am about to get the flu. I stop training, take vitamins and eat healthily and it seems to disappear after a day or two. I was beginning to wonder if it was glandular fever, but maybe it is part of my allergy.
I was so excited that someone knew alot about the condition, and might even be able to offer me some advice. I have made an appointment with her Monday night for a naturopath consultation and a 1/2 hour massage. Whilst I am really looking forward to a massage, I am excited that somebody might be able to help me with my diet. I have been to a nutritionist before and they basically said my diet was great for someone like me - the only advice they offered was to perhaps increase low fat dairy as I wasn't getting enough Vitamin D. I do read alot about nutrition, but I expected a little more advice than that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow thats good news on the allergy front!
and good luck at weigh in tomorrow chicka.. you will do fabulously!
x
Ems, going to see a naturopath was the best thing that I ever did... i see someone who helps me with my laydee troubles and it is amazing!!!
Good luck hun, and let us know how you go!
Post a Comment