Because I only have a basic level of hospital cover on my health insurance, I am not covered for a breast reduction in a private hospital - even though it is deemed necessary for medical reasons and not cosmetic. I could go to a public hospital and choose my surgeon, but the one I want doesn't operate in public hospitals.
So, I am now up for almost $4000 extra for the theatre fees and an overnight stay in hospital. These are going to be very expensive boobs!
So in order to have any chance of paying for this, I need to cut back on my personal training. I don't want to do it, but I have to. I'm not sure which session I am going to cut out but will work it out over the next few weeks. I have paid up til xmas so might as well stick with it for now.
Food is going well with my new found enthusiasm. Exercise is good, although not as much as I planned. I am still only training once a day. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I had planned for twice. I'm not sleeping too well so am too tired for extra training at the moment. Too much thinking about surgery and how the hell I am going to pay for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh now i understand the extra costs.. bummer... :( grrrrrrrrrr
it's definitely your cover so you can't get out of that one unfortunately.
only other option is up your cover to include the costs of the hospital and then you have to wait 12 months, OR you could get your surgeon to ask them to waive the waiting period as it is "urgent"...
that way you can be covered and not have to wait. also... how long have you been with your fund? that might make a difference.
i know surgeons who will do it ;)
xx
Hey chickee thought i would drop in on your blog for the week. You have been busy with all that planning.
i am the opposite of you with breasts i have gone from a busting DD to almost into a c now. I'm thinking about implants!!!!
Maybe a loan????
but giving up a few PT sessions would be my recommendation.
I will be drinking like a sailor at every Xmas party i got to this year
Have a great weekend
Post a Comment