This last 8-9kg is proving to be oh so difficult. I am still hovering in the 79's and have been here for about 3 months. I lose 500g and I gain 500g etc. over and over again.
I have been exercising 4-5 times a week, at least for an hour. I walk to and from work every day (6km with hills). I eat healthily 90% of the time. I have the odd big night out drinking, but that is usually once or twice a month. Until Friday night, I hadn't had a drink in 4 weeks and that didn't make any difference at all.
I am getting so frustrated with the whole thing! I want to get down to 70kg and maintain that... I don't want to maintain 79kg!!!
So time for changes. I need to give the naturopath's advice a few more weeks to see if that makes a difference. In addition to that I am going to start getting back into running. I have been doing some treadmill sessions about once a week, but I used to run 3 x a week. I have already done a treadmill session this morning (1200m, 800m, 400m, 4 x 200m... getting faster each time). It was tough! I am going to do a long run every Sunday, and do speed and/or hill training on Wednesdays and Fridays.
I am also going to reduce the amount of bread and cheese in my diet. I don't have alot of cheese - but I do occasionally have it on my sanga or wrap at lunchtime. I usually have bread once a day at lunchtime, or breakfast on the weekends. Usually soy & linseed or multigrain. So that is going to go this week, and we'll see if that makes a difference. I need to get to 79.2kg by Thursday to meet this week's target. I might have a bit of work to do cause I had a fairly average weekend foodwise - a fabulous weekend otherwise though!
So today's food:
B: porridge, low fat yogurt, berries, skim hot chocolate
S: skim milo
L: mango mineral boost smoothie
S: vita wheat & vegemite
D: 2 x kanga bangers and salad
and exercise - 1 hour PT (done)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
helloooo i have been doing this 70's thing for a bloody year now. i hear you, it's tough!
the bread thing will make a difference, well i hope so for you koz it does for me! i just can't take it after a week and a bit, i end up binging if i don't have my bread!
the boobs will make a huge difference too by the way... you will be a different woman!
Hey,
I am a lurker and thought I would give you my humble opinion as previous 27kg loser...
Firstly, plateaus do happen when you are losing weight. It is really frustrating, they can last months, you can try to change everything or you can change nothing and no weight shifts. Then suddenly you are off the plateau.
My first thought is that maybe you are starving yourself. You do a lot of exercise, but (to me) you don't seem to eat much.
I made this mistake with doing lots of exercise (running, cycling, netball, etc) and not eating enough and therefore trained my body to be really efficient and not lose any weight. It thought I was going into a famine....
Finally, it is awesome to read about your journey! Keep up the good work. :)
Post a Comment