I am feeling pretty nervous about it. There has been such a big build up with all the training I have been doing. For the past 10 weeks I have dragged myself out of bed at 5.10am twice a week to do the hardest training sessions I have ever done. I have woken up Sunday mornings with the dread of having to do a long run. My thoughts have been consumed with eating right the night before a run or timing my Sunday mornings so I can have a little bit of breakfast a couple of hours before running. I have fallen asleep during House on a Wednesday night because I got up so early, plus did a weights PT session the night before. Friday nights have been total non-events and Saturday nights haven't been much better, because it is all about the training! Running between 10 and 16km is hard enough - there's no need to add the after effects of a big night out into the mix!
So because this has all been so hard, I am putting alot of pressure on myself to run the 14km in under 100 minutes. I want it all to be worth it. And I can't wait for it to be over so that I can have a big night out and then a sleep in!

3 comments:
thats awesome hunny, it so exciting getting your number huh?
you are a legendary super woman and i should make you a tee shirt saying so hehe.
good luck and keep it up... you will be awesome this weekend! :)
d xx
Hey Em, good luck! I've been really enjoying your progress I have no doubt you'll make it in uner 100 min. You are looking super fit fab fantastic!
I just ran the Bridge to Brisbane last week faster than I did last year (and at 20 weeks pregnant). Happy about that!
All the best!
I shall make a suggestion - the ONLY way to get a decent time from the blue start, be a totally rude b*tch, and push all the way up to the front. I had to do that last year, because the year before, I'd done under 100, but because they start the time when the gun goes off and it had taken me about 2 minutes to get across the start line, I missed the cut-off for red.
So, last year, I was the rudest person ever. I just walked all the way down to the front and didn't let anyone push me back.
Want to know why it's so hard? I saw two tourists last year, with blue numbers on - gun goes off - walk around the corner, stop and start taking happy snaps of the buildings.
You're going to rock it Em, you'll pass me for sure!! :)
Post a Comment