Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am so over feeling sick :(

My sore throat has turned into a cold/flu/aching everything. I have no energy whatsover and I am bored. I came into work today cause I am sick of lying in bed all day, and cause I have just started this job I don't get sick leave yet. Hopefully they will give me the last 2 days as annual leave so that I am not too poor this week.

The good side of all of this is that I have lost 2.4kg this week. I'm down to 79.0kg. Some of that I attribute to being sick and having no appetite - so it has been easy to stay away from banana bread and such atrocities! I haven't trained since Friday, but until then I had changed my program and really watched what I have been eating. So that has to play a part as well.

My other news is that I have spoken to a nutritionist. I was going to wait and see if my new training program makes a difference, but I decided to try it anyway. Firstly because it gives me some reassurance that I am eating the right types of foods, and secondly the right amounts. I found someone who specialises in weight loss as well as sports nutrition so I could get advice that takes both into account.

She said that generally my diet is very good, but has made a few small alterations to see how I go. I am probably only eating just enough, or slightly under what I should be eating for the amount of exercise that I do. So I can afford to eat a bit more, and her suggestion was to add a serve of low fat dairy each day, as my calcium and Vitamin D intake is a bit low. All my other vitamins and mineral intake looks fine. She also encourages one "free" meal a week, which is what I am doing now anyway. And my occasional treats could be lower in fat, however with the training I am doing it might not matter (my occasional treat might be something like some hot chips once a month). My meat and fish intake is good, fruit good and vegies very good for someone with salicylate allergy. I am happy with that because my food allergies make things so much harder sometimes.

I need to follow up with her in about 4 weeks. As long as the scales keep moving I am happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good on you, thats awesome 79kgs yay!

youre not far off me now lol.

i am so hopeless arent i?

well anyway good luck with your nutrition.. good move!

d x