
Last night I lay in bed with sore shoulders, arms, hamstring and a sore hip. The shoulders and arms is just DOMS. The hamstring is a lingering injury from boxing a couple of months ago. Not sure where the sore hip came from - that's a new one for me. I cranked up the electric blanket and then put an icepack on my hip as heat didn't seem to help that one at all. I skipped my spin class this morning, which was disappointing cause it is my favourite class of the whole week. But my body was telling me to rest.
I am having one of those days where I feel sorry for myself. I am allergic to aspirin so I can't take any kind of anti-inflammatories at all, so heat and ice are my only friends. I wonder what will happen when I get older, or if I get a serious injury. So far I have been able to train through my injuries... sometimes I have to adjust my training, but there has always been something I can do. My hip feels like it needs to be stretched, but I can't quite figure out how to stretch it in the right way.

No comments:
Post a Comment