I am feeling back in control this week. I've been trying really hard the last couple of weeks to get my head back where it should be, and finally I feel like I am making some progress.
I am back to obsessing about the scales (in a good way) and constantly planning ahead... as opposed to avoiding the scales completely and constantly thinking about chocolate/cake/chips or whatever the current fixation is. I spent alot of time yesterday looking for recipes to add some variety to my diet. I've got to say my number one fav resource at the moment is Kek's food blog - one inspirational lady who knows how to cook! Kek you rock!!! The rest came from books I have at home, and a couple of modified calorieking recipes. I also had a good chat to Dan Dan the Trainer Man yesterday, and emailed him my food plan for some tweaking.
The result is that I have a food plan for the next week. No alcohol. Minimal chocolate. No cake/pastry/muffin. Protein and 'plant food' with every meal - and of course carbs, but we all know I have no trouble getting my quota of carbs! A saturday morning treat of a skim hot chocolate which I intend to enjoy with the paper on my way home from the gym. No after dinner sugar fixes. I've tried to balance out my day a bit better so that I am not STARVING at 6pm as I have been - added some extra protein to my afternoon snack to get me to 6pm without wanting to chew my arm off. It worked yesterday - I had several cups of green tea whilst watching TV instead of raiding the pantry.
Instead of focussing on the fact that my jeans are a little tight at the moment, and all associated negative comments I am focussing on some positives. I am fitter and stronger than I have ever been. I love going to the gym. I am in control of what I eat - nobody else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment