Friday, July 11, 2008

The Gym


Apparently you can lose weight just by turning up to the gym... or so it seems! There is a girl who I see most mornings on the cross trainer. I think that is all she does - at least that is all I have seen her doing. She goes sooooo slow. Kind of like when you have a few seconds recovery standing up in a spin class - you know that really slow pedal you do? Well she does that the whole time... and that's all.

This morning she was next to me. I was sprinting on Level 13 in an effort to beat whatever goal Rusty had given me (can't remember what it was) - so lets just say I was sweating my arse off and breathing like I was drowning or something - and here she was cruising along watching TV.

Now the rational side of me says to take no notice of what she is doing - if she is happy strolling along on the cross trainer then it shouldn't affect me... but it does! It really frustrates me. Stop taking up equipment at they gym if you are not going to use it properly!!!!

OK rant over.

1 comment:

KJ Photography said...

Maybe she's injured / sick and can't pedal any faster??

But she's probably just subscribing to the "fat burning zone" myth that's printed on those machines... "work out slowly and you'll burn fat, if you work out harder you won't, you'll only increase your cardio fitness!"

But just think, she does that every morning and gets nowhere, whilst you are looking fabulous. :)