Friday, January 25, 2008

Week one of the challenge done and dusted!

I weighed in - 1.8kg!!!! Yay! I am so happy with that. That's halfway to losing my extra xmas weight, and then I can work on the last 8.5kg. It is also the biggest loss I have had in at least 6 months. I had some tough moments and I slipped up occasionaly from my plan - but I made a real effort to do what I intended, which was eat clean, reduce my carbs, eat every 3 hours and train 6 days a week.

I have increased my training to twice a day on occasion - after this I ended up with a good dose of DOMS (I topped it up with a spin class the next day!) and had to take a rest day after that. Sometimes I have gotten hungry after dinner - This week I am going to make myself a cup of tea and then brush my teeth. If I am still hungry then, that means I am really hungry and it is not just in my head. I'm going to keep some low carb protein bars in the cupboard just in case. Half a bar should fix me up.

Had an email from Dan this morning - he's having a ball in Sth America. I nearly replied and told him my fabulous Week 1 result, but decided not to. It can be a surprise when he comes back.

5 comments:

KatieP said...

Congratulations on the excellent weight loss :)

MISS PINKY said...

Good on you!
1.8kgs is an awesome effort!

Great tips about the night time eating too. Nothing tastes very good when mixed with toothpaste!

Miss Pinky

Anonymous said...

Awesome loss, well done

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news babes! you are sooooooo on your way!
S XXX

Anonymous said...

Oh Em well done - what a great loss and you worked hard to earn it eh :)

I find if I cut down on carbs it seems to move quicker :)

You go girl xxx