I am finding running very hard at the moment. Not that it was every easy, but it used to be easier than it is now! I think it is a mental thing. I just can't get my head into the right place. When I was training for City2Surf I was up to running 16km - I had to have a little walk in the middle, but it was still 16km. 5km was pretty easy, 10km started to hurt and 16km hurt alot! But at the moment I struggle with just a few km... not my body, my head. I decide I have had enough and start walking.
I want to get back to that point. I would like to run 5-10km most days, both for weight loss and for fitness. So I am setting myself a goal. This Sunday I am going to do 8km. I have mapped it out, there's a big down hill, a bit of flat, a big up hill and then finishes with about 2.5km fairly flat. A challenging run, but it has awesome views so is worth it... plus I live on the north shore in Sydney so hills are unavoidable :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Heya Em!
I know exactly what you mean about the running. I just keep on saying in my head that i can do it!! plus i just keep on imagining myself with a flat stomach and being able to wear a bikini. You will get through it...im still struggling a little bit but im retraining my brain again...
nicx
i'm glad it's not just me
I think last year i stagnated coz i stopped running and weight training and started doing to much group fitness and have changed things up this year and have really struggled with the running component. I think running is one of those things as you said that you really have to be in the right frame of mind to do and to be TOUGH
You can do it Em :) Sorry not much help in the running department though :)
But I know you can get back into that space and do whatever you want to do :)
Luv mE Em x
Hi Em!
I've nearly given up running several times in the last few months. I keep getting sick, then I don't run, then when I get better, I have to start all over again with the running. I've noticed one thing that really helps with the body and the mind though. RUN SLOW! Almost no faster than a fast walk. You still build fitness and you can go further, which builds the mind.... hope that helps, good luck, Es
Post a Comment