Monday, January 14, 2008

Update to the 5 year plan

I found out today that you can become and instructor for Les Mills classes without doing Cert III. You need to do a GEL course (online) and then do the workshops... so for $810 I could be qualified as an RPM instructor. For another $220 I can do 'Finishing First' - a 7 week mentoring program with Fitness First which I think would be very worthwhile.

So I am going to keep doing my RPM classes and get close to my goal weight (I can't teach a class and be overweight... not very good advertising for myself!) and then if I am still keen, I will become and RPM instructor. Within a few months, it will have paid for itself and then maybe I can do more group fitness while I build a PT business, instead of the design freelancing... or as well... LOL! And BTW, when I eventually do Cert III I will get recognition for prior learning for the GEL course. Yay!

5 comments:

Esstarr said...

Ooh Emma, this is very exciting. I love big life stuff like that. Sounds great. Es.

Anonymous said...

Wow Em that is great news :) Sounds like you have a plan and are on a mission :) Follow your dreams :)

Luv Ems

Sho said...

Proud of you Em!

:o)

Dylan said...

too cool

i am starting cert III at tafe in feburary 2 nights a week

It's motivating me to eat well and train hard as i don't want to be the unfittest person there

good luck

Nic said...

heya Em!

thats sounds awesome! very good plan indeed! good luck!