I've found it! I am feeling so motivated today. I am so glad I faced my assessments last night. It has made the world of difference. I have a goal and I know what I need to do to achieve it... and I've started!
I'm not really getting alot of work done today, but I have found some great recipes! I have planned out a menu for the next week. I'll possibly change it a bit as I go according to what I feel like, but it has made a big difference to what is going on in my head. Planning is the key! I have made sure that my diet is more interesting, that I have included protein and fibrous carbs with every meal... including snacks, and that I make things that I can cook and take leftovers for lunch the next day. I have even factored in a few little treats such as 4 squares of orange dark chocolate on Sunday. I know I can buy dark chocolate and not eat the whole block (as opposed to milk chocolate) and it is good for you!
Most of my recipes come from calorieking.com.au There is also a few from Women's Health Magazine... my new favourite. I am even loving it more than WH&F and Oxygen at the moment.
I'm going out Saturday night with people who usually play pretty hard... I generally end up blind drunk when I go out with this group of people. But I have factored in 2 drinks to my plan for the day and that is all I am going to have. Then switching to mineral water. Not only do I not want to use the calories, but I want to get up Sunday morning and go for a run. When I trained for City2Surf this was my motivation and it worked... I didn't drink for 10 weeks and didn't miss it at all. Not that I am a big drinker, I just have a big night every now and then.
I will stop rambling now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
On ya Em, Sounds like a good plan to me...I love orange choc.
Cheryl x
Great plan. Ive tried some of teh calorie king recipes they are pretty good.
Have a great weekend
Way to go Em - and yes planning is the key to all of this eh! Something I learnt quickly after getting home, having nothing planned for tea and it all going pear shaped Ha!
Have a wonderful night tonight and think how good you are going to feel in the morning, compared to your friends that is hehe xxx
G'day Em,
Glad to hear you are getting back into the groove- I know the struggle well!!! And I am so with you about how cool Womens Health magazine is... I'm using the Ab Diet article to inspire me to get back into my groove. All the best mate x
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I HAVE MINE TOO NOW!
Post a Comment