Not feeling so crash hot today. Trained this morning and got so dizzy I had to sit down on the floor. Felt sick and was ghostly white - not a great look! Had some Powerade and felt a bit better, but oh so tired now. Not just normal tired, I am physically exhausted and struggling to keep my eyes open. My legs are also aching like CRAZY!
Not sure why I feel like this. I ate a good dinner last night (chicken fillet with a little pesto, mushrooms, egg and salad in a toasted multigrain muffin). Didn't eat before training this morning, but I never do as I train at 6am. Since training have had half a powerade, weetbix with skim milk, muesli bar and a toasted chicken & mushroom sandwich on multigrain... plenty of carbs there.
Thought about calling in sick to work but had things to do and thought I would feel better... but no. Supposed to be catching up with some friends for bday drinks tonight.... I don't even want to go, and I'm the bday girl :(
Will soldier on though, but no alcohol as I don't think that will help. Was planning 2 training sessions tomorrow - 1 x PT and one spin with a girlfriend - really hope I am feeling OK as I don't like cancelling sessions. I HATE it when people do that to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sometimes your body is trying to tell you something. :)
Hope you feel better soon - and remember: Chicken & Corn Soup, whilst not tecnically being an antidote, does make you feel a heck of a lot better (plus there's protein in there).
Love the blog header, Em. :o)
There's lots of reasons why you might have felt like crap during training. Top of the list of suspects is low glycogen stores - even if you're having what seems to be plenty of carbs, it can depend what the source of those carbs is. I discovered that getting carbs mostly from veg leaves me depleted, even when I hit my 40% exactly. It can also be a cumulative thing over a period of days or weeks...you might have eaten plenty that day, but may have been running down your glycogen stores bit by bit previously. If you've upped the volume or intensity of training, that's quite likely.
It might also be that your metabolism has been quietly creeping up a notch or two recently and you now need a little more food. A "refeed" day with some extra calories from carbs should turn things around if it is any of those things.
Sometimes chocolate really IS the answer....
Happy Birthday Lovely!!
Hoping to visit you in around about 21st/22nd Feb!!
Ha ha just booking in earlier so I we can have wine somewhere with Kerrie :o)
P.S....feel free to send me some birthday cake....carb-free of course!
Post a Comment