I've made a few big decisions this week (and it is only Wednesday!). I had a good think about my goals and how much I want them. Yes I really want less boobage, to be 15kg lighter and to change careers. Unfortunately for me that means that I have to give up my lovely studio apartment and live with other people as I am spending waaaaaaay too much money on rent. The good news is that a lovely girl I used to work with has a room available in what I will refer to as the "resort". The apartment complex feels like a holiday resort - complete with palm trees, an outdoor pool and views of the harbour. So in just under 4 weeks Harvey the wonder cat and I are moving in with Amy and Amanda to the resort in Neutral Bay. It is a little bit further to walk to work, but closer to the gym and my friends - location perfect! Savings = $600 per month, plus whatever I save on bills.
The other thing I need to do is take a good hard look at my diet and my carbs. I am going to implement a new plan of carb cycling and see how that goes for me. I can't do more than a couple of days low carbs or I become a cranky, sooky bitch who doesn't have the energy to train. But I need to do something to kick my body into fat loss mode again as I am training my arse off and seeing very little results. I'm going to keep my oats for breakfast and my fruit and yogurt (with protein crunch) for morning snack but then reduce carbs for the rest of the day and see how that works. Bring on the salads!!!
Number 3 change comes with my training. I went back to the osteo last night and he is really happy with my progress. My hips have more movement and the scar tissue on my hamstring is greatly reduced - I didn't realise he could actually feel it. I was most excited to hear that my flexibility is actually pretty good - seems there is a good side to stopping running for a while! So I can get back into running and I can row again. Still need to take it easy on hills and stairs though - and I need to concentrate on my stride length... keep it short and work on speed. I did some running with no incline this morning, plus a 300m, 200m and 100m row and felt pretty good. I've had 4 weeks of spin class obsession so will change it up a bit for the next 4 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment