Monday, September 01, 2008

New Shoes


For the past 2 weeks I have been on a mission to find the runners my osteo recommended. Brooks Arials. You wouldn't think this would be so hard - but I have a wide food so want to find the "D" width shoes, which apparently nobody stocks.

Initially I was going to order online from the US as it is soooooooooooo much cheaper that way. But I can't find my size in stock anywhere (even in the "B" width) - seems I am "common" LOL!!!

So then last weekend I did the rounds of Sydney - Athletes Foot, Rebel, local sports stores, but nothing. I even tried the usual Australian sites, but again nothing in stock. I even went through all the stores on the Brooks website. This weekend, amongst all the "house stuff" shopping I did with my parents (they've just moved into a new house) I managed to pop into Rebel and a few other sports stores, but nothing.

So my friendly local sports store has ordered them in for me. I can try them on and am under no obligation to buy them if they don't fit correctly. Waiting... waiting....

1 comment:

KJ Photography said...

Brooks are THE BEST runners. I borrowed a pair of my Dad's once (yes, I have the same size foot as my Dad) and loved them so much that when I ran the marathon last year, Dad bought me some Brooks Beasts as a preparation present. :) They're SO comfy.

Hope you get them soon and wear them well!!