Basically the canals in my right ear that control balance were blocked... a few simple exercises and the whole thing was gone! It will probably re-occur, and there is no apparent cause for it (in my case), but at least I know how to fix it now. I was very impressed with my doctor - I walked out with no prescription at all. I like someone who looks at alternatives to drugs wherever possible.
So that was Saturday... gym (yep I still trained), doctor and then curled up with my book, the cat and a blanket on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. Heaven!
Sunday was my birthday and I had a fabulous day! I was worried I would be really homesick all day, but I managed to keep busy for most of it and really enjoyed myself. It was even sunny! As you know, calories don't count on your birthday...
Started the day with my porridge and berries (at least I started well), then had a hot chocolate with Rusty and we took his little girl to the park for swings and slides. I think everyone should start their birthday at the playground! Rushed back home to get frocked up in time to meet the girls for lunch at the Manly Wharf Bar where the champagne and cocktails were served. Managed to order well - steak with baby spinach and new potatoes, but stole some chips off someone else's plate. As the bar didn't serve cake we felt the need to relocate mid afternoon. The choice was mine... Max Brenner or Cold Rock. I went with the Cold Rock option but let the side down when I couldn't finish my cookies & cream icecream mixed with brownie, Tim Tam and cookie dough. Should have tried harder!
My friends and I have developed a tradition of hideous gifts that must be on display when we visit each other's houses. Gifts can be recycled (and trust me, this one will be). Here's the lovely YELLOW cat money box I received....

Now that I have had a day of extreme indulgence I am ready to get back on the healthy eating plan. As much as I enjoyed not worrying about what I was eating for a day, I didn't feel fantastic at the end of it... it is nice to do it occasionally just to remind yourself why you don't eat like that all the time. Less than a month till I go home again and I want to be skinnier!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Em
I love reading about all your training exploits and your sensible way to losing weight slowly. Keep up the fantastic consistent focus.
Post a Comment