I love my blog! I just pour out all the crap that is in my head. It helps!
Just had a great chat with my PT. What he suggested is reducing my calorie intake from 1500 to 1200, made up of only about 40% carbohydrates (I currently do about 50% carbs), and no carbs at nights - just lean meat and greens. If I want fruit at night I can have strawberries. So I'm going to try it for a week and see. He's not a nutritionist, and doesn't claim to be. But he has done the whole weight loss thing himself, and so is talking from experience.
So here's tomorrow's meal plan:
Breakfast: 30g toasted muesli, low fat yogurt and rice porridge, 1 cup green tea
Snack: 1 slice banana bread, toasted, 1 cup green tea
Lunch: Grilled chicken ceaser salad - no dressing, 1 glass diet coke
Snack: Low fat yogurt with fresh berries
Dinner: 100g beef stir fried with oyster sauce & sweet chilli, bok choy, mushrooms and broccoli, 1/2 punnet strawberries
1 cup green tea
Total 1113/1200 calories.
Exercise tomorrow is 4km walking and 1 hour PT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now, I am one of those people who object to being told what to do, so the disclaimer comes first - I'm not in your shoes so my experience may have nothing to do with yours.
BUT [you knew there would be a but!] please consider carefully reducing your calories so much. It gives you nowhere to go. I am that last little bit away from goal and I was eating 1200 calories and not losing anything. You need to work out the amount of calories you need per day to maintain and take away 500 maximum if you must. Less than that is better.
Honestly, my metabolism is screwed from too long on 1200 calories a day and now I have to re-train it to not gain on about 1500 before I can lose weight again.
Do some research on "starvation" response before you do anything so severe.
By the way, I think the low-carb option might be enough to rev up the weight loss again, without the calorie restriction.
Just what I learnt from my experience, so of course you should do what is right for you.
K xxxx
Post a Comment