I am finding focussing on weight loss all the time is getting a bit boring. I'm over it! I am continuously looking for the next kg to come off. And there's still 20 or so of those to go!
So I am changing my focus a little bit, and looking at my fitness. Only a couple of months ago I gave my PT a horrified look when he suggested running. Who me? I DON'T RUN! Well now I do. That first day I ran/walked for 15 minutes and thought I was going to die! Today I ran continuously for 20 minutes (up and down hills and flat) - and then ran/walked the next 20 minutes. I've just built that up by increasing my distance a little bit each week.
I would really love to be able to run in the City to Surf in August. For me, that would be a MASSIVE achievement. But, when I think about it - totally do-able. I'll even be at goal by then which should make it a hell of a lot easier.
So today I bought myself a digital watch that has a stop watch on it. I timed myself to see how long I could run for to set myself a starting point. I want to be able to increase that time every week. It's 26 weeks til August (the exact date of the C2S hasn't been announced yet). All I need to do then, is add 5 minutes of continuous running every week and I should have it covered! I run 2 or 3 days a week usually, so if I can keep that up and keep increasing my time, distance and speed I will get there.
So the exercise plan for this week is:
Monday - 30 min run, 1 hour cardio dance class
Tuesday - 1 hour PT
Wednesday - 45 min spin, 30 min run
Thursday - 1 hour PT
Friday - 45 min Balance
Saturday - 30 min run, 1 hour Body Attack
Sunday - 2 hours kayaking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment