Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thinking

Have just been reading the WW boards, and it seems so many people are stalling around the same point that I am. I had a good week last week, and lost 0.9, but nothing since (official weigh-in tomorrow). I have been eating well and doing HEAPS of exercise. I had one night drinking last week (admitedly it was a big night!) but apart from that I have been good. Yet the scales have REALLY slowed down. I lost 20kg in 20 weeks, then it has been 4kg in 8 weeks. My eating plan is fairly similar, but I have increased my exercise. There are plenty of other people going through the same thing (that's why I love the WW boards!) - it seems to happen as you get into the 80s. I so want to be a 70s girl by the time I go to Thailand (8 weeks)!

So reading all this got me thinking. Time to take a good hard look at myself. I have made good food choices, but I probably haven't been eating as often as I was before Christmas. So I'm going back to my 5 small meals a day. And I'm planning them - and not deviating from the plan. The question is, can I go for a week without sugar/chocolate etc? There lies the challenge!

I have increased my exercise intensity as I have started running and that has been a big focus for me. But before that I was doing alot of walking during the day. Either at lunchtime, or if I got bored and had nothing to do in the office - just 30 mins at a time, but it worked. So I am going back to that.

All that said though, my body shape is changing even though the scales aren't doing a hell of a lot. I am starting to see muscle definition in my arms, my face is thinner (again!) and my legs look leaner. I am more interested in the size and shape of my body than a number anyway, so I need to keep reminding myself of this!

I know I said I was changing my focus from weight loss to exercise - but I am struggling with that! I'll keep trying though :0)

No comments: