Monday, November 03, 2008

I am ELITE

Well after about half a day of feeling like I had been hit by a truck after my massage, I began to feel a whole lot better. I had movement in my upper body, the headachey tired feeling was gone and I began to feel more normal. Of course the glass of red wine I had with my Thai takeaway (no spring rolls, yay me!) might have had something to do with it. Back to training on Friday, and although I didn't have alot of energy I pushed through.

Santa came on Friday. Santa doesn't know it yet, but he always gives me money... I just spent it ahead of time :) This is what I got... (the red one, cause red goes faster)



I have been thinking about getting a heart rate monitor for ages, but couldn't decide if it would keep me motivated for 5 minutes before the novelty wore off. I decided then, to get one of the running versions so that I can use it to track my progress long term, as well as ensure that I am training at the right intensity. I find it hard to maintain intensity outside when you don't have a treadmill that "makes" you train at a certain pace for a certain time.

I did the fitness test (which is really just your resting heart rate) and came out as "ELITE" Woohoooo!!!! I am elite!!!! Yesterday I took my HRM out for its first run and did some 400s and 100s at North Sydney oval. I was interested to see where my HR is when I start to get that "no I'm not having an asthma attack, I just sound like this when I run" sound to my breathing. Answer: about 80-85% of my max HR. It is about the 200m mark in my 400m sprints... and it gets higher from there. PT tomorrow so I'll be really interested to see how high it gets and how many calories I burn.

No comments: