Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Day 2 with the HRM

Calories: 833
Max heart rate: 181 (96%)
Av heart rate: 134 (71%)

I felt really tired this morning, and had a good dose of DOMS in my quads and abs from yesterday - tomorrow is not going to be pretty. I am proud of myself just for going - I had 2 glasses of champas at work yesterday (for the Cup) and could have easily kicked on to the pub for more... but I thought about training and decided I wanted that more. Yay for me.

I have a bit of a penalty system going with Rusty - if I stand around doing nothing in between sets (usually I am just trying to breathe), or finish a set quicker than I should, I have to run the stairs - to the level of his choice. Usually level 5 or 6. This morning I finished my upright row a bit quick so he said "Level 5", and without even thinking I answered "no" and got on with what I had to do next. I didn't think about it at all - it just came out! I think he was too busy laughing at me to care. I was buggered.

I have noticed my fitness improving lately. My rowing is getting faster and so is my running. I had almost 2 months with no rowing and very little running when I did my hammy, and that affected my running fitness alot. I was finding 400m and 800m on level 9 pretty tough when I first started running again. Now I am back to doing them on level 10 - I even did the last minute on 11.5, and to be honest probably could have done 12. The improvement has come purely from doing intervals on the treadmill and spin classes, as I haven't done much running outside at all as hills still cause me a bit of pain.

No comments: