I went to see my osteo last night. I decided to take his advice and see him every couple of months for a check up in the hope of avoiding injury. I am just making it a regular part of my training.
And the verdict was all good! I haven't had any hamstring pain for weeks, I'm back running and increasing my pace and fitness slowly. My hips have alot more movement than they did previously (my hips were the cause of my hamstring strain). He bent me and stretched me in all sorts of ways and gave me alot more movement in my lower back and neck - nothing seriously wrong, I am just a bit tight from all the training I do. His advice is to keep doing what I am doing. I like it.
My osteo is also a PT and a lecturer at the FIA - he has a list of qualifications as long as your arm. It is good to see someone who knows what you put your body through and doesn't look at you like you are strange when you say you train 6 days a week. We also had a good chat about running, how hard it is on your body, but that it is a means to an end (ie. fat loss) as part of my training. Nice to get some confirmation from someone other than my own PT (and I guess the scales).
I haven't been weighing myself much lately and it seems to be working. I am losing approx. 0.5kg a week and dropping the centimeters. I haven't measured either, but I have a pair of jeans that need to be retired as they are very baggy in the bum and legs - I feel skinny in them, but they don't look so hot! I feel like my head is in a good space right now... for the first time in ages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment