Thursday, October 30, 2008

Feeling sorry for myself


Yesterday I ended up with REALLY a really sore right shoulder and lats. Actually, both sides were sore, but I had hardly any movement in the right side at all. Wasn't sure whether to put it down to DOMS, sleeping in an awkward position or just down to my boobs (it happens!). So I rang my trusty massage therapist at the gym, and managed to get an appointment with Jo, who has just started in the practice.

I know the other 3 girls who work there quite well, as I do design work for all of them in exchange for massage (got to love a barta system!). All 3 have very different styles and I would choose each one depending on what I am after - for example, if you want to totally relax and fall asleep then Sasha is your girl! Anyway, Jo was different again - she was SUPER tough and SUPER strong and OMG it hurt. It needed to be done - I had knots right through my upper back and shoulders. She dug her elbows in, her arms, her fingers and stretched me like you wouldn't believe. I had so much more movement by the time she had finished but there was no way I could have fallen asleep! I wished I had dosed up on some Panadine or something before I went in. She massaged my face and head at the end cause she wanted to do something nice for me in case I never wanted to go back!

Today I feel like crap. I am going to dose up on green tea and loads of water to try flush all the toxins out of my body. I am sore, headachey and just generally feel crap. No gym for me this morning - I had planned a rest day anyway, and definitely need it.

No comments: