Monday, August 25, 2008

Training with an Injury

It has only been a week since my SI joint problem was diagnosed and I am already finding it difficult. Mostly I have to force myself to run - I don't particularly enjoy it, at least not until I get half way through and start to see views of the harbour or something! I am now feeling the need to run... I want to get out there! I am bored with modifying my exercise plan already.

I did a spin class Saturday, cross trainer intervals and pump yesterday and today am doing spin. Usually I would do Basic Training on a Monday but there is alot of running and side stepping etc, in that class which I wouldn't be able to do. Even my PT sessions have to be modified - often we do intervals on the treadmill in between different things... cross trainer for me which I usally enjoy, but I've replaced one of my running sessions with cross trainer intervals... so I'm bored with that.

Lost 0.2 this week. Not a great loss, but given I dropped 1.3kg last week I guess it has just evened out. I am now wearing the smallest jeans I own - haven't been wearing them for months as they were too tight. Feeling good about that at least!

Off to try and come up with a fabulous exercise plan for the week... lets see what I can come up with that doesn't involve running, fast walking or rowing...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am soooo with you on the whole running thing - its a real love/hate relationship for me. I have to push myself to run, but tell me I can't do it and I go stir crazy. Just starting to get back into it again after a calf injury....
The good thing is that each time I've discovered an interest in something new - the cross trainer is great with cardio coach, and rowing can be quite a challenge - how fast can you row 1 km? I think I posted my times a few weeks back - can you beat me?

KJ Photography said...

I've got a suggestion for you (in response to your comment on my post) what about being a PT on a cruise ship?? Travel & health & fitness. :)

You save up, do your course by correspondence and meet spunky boys!