I went to the osteopath last night and discovered that my pelvis is causing my hamstring pain. The left side of my pelvis isn't moving properly (sacroiliac joint), which is making my hamstring do all the work in lifting my leg when I run. As I have strained my hammy twice I have scar tissue across it which needs to be massaged out. So lots of stretching for me, no running (I can do a slow jog), no fast walking, no rowing - basically I can't do anything that fully extends my leg. The osteo works inside Fitness First so he is going to show Rusty & Dan some of the stretches I need to do so they can help me. I need to go back in 4 weeks to check it is all back moving the way it should be.
I have mixed feelings about it. I am glad to actually get a proper diagnosis. After the session I felt heaps better - I had heaps more movement in my whole body. A bit sore this morning though. The bridge run is only 4 weeks away so I don't think I'll be able to do it - the more I push myself, the longer it is going to take to heal. So I may as well behave myself and get it over and done with. 4 weeks of cross trainer and spin classes for me - lucky I love spin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome to the world of crappy injuries, where you're banned from exercise that you like. Hard luck gorgeous, but you'll get through it and be better than ever!
Why not set your sights on the May SMH Half Marathon?? :) Plenty of time to train, and it's actually further than the C2S!
But at least you get to jog and crosstrainer! I get to cycle and swim - not supposed to put ANY weight on my heel. :(
Post a Comment