
I am in recovery mode from City2Surf and have been sulking ever since. I had a really disappointing run - I didn't get close to my goal time as my hamstring packed it in about half way through and I had to walk heaps of it. I did it in 136 minutes when I was aiming for under 100.
Yesterday I had myself convinced that I am not built for running - never have been, never will be. Today I am not quite so negative - I am going to try seeing an osteo (3 months of physio didn't work), get my hammy completely better and train hard to do it easily next year. Bridge run is in 5 weeks - hoping to be up for that one.

5 comments:
Emma....Congrats on completing the course, with a pulled hammy and all......that takes guts!!! I know of quite a few people who did their hammy on Sunday....maybe it was because the course is so incredibly hilly!??
About being "built to run"....I often think the same thoughts but what is important is getting out there and doing the best you can and never comparing yourself to other runners. You will always be better than some and worse than some. As long as you enjoy the running, stick with it (after you get the hammy sorted) and try really hard to limit the negative self talk because if you can "speak positively" to yourself then that is over half the battle won already!
at least you did it, i cant even do it!
good on you and who is built for running? not me!!! lol
much love, lets do lunch soon xox
You were out there Em! and it's not an easy run!! Good on you - each run is a learning process. xxxx
Congrats on finishing with a pulled hammy! Most people would have pulled out.
Mate - at least you finished! I wasn't even allowed to run cause I've screwed up my heel. :(
Take care of the hamstring - don't do the Bridge Run if it's not right, cause you'll just pull it again and again.
(This is the dilemna with my heel - every time I step on it, I further bruise it, hence it's not getting anywhere near better.)
But mate, you're still faster than my slowest time ever, and think what an awesome improvement you'll make for next year! :)
Post a Comment