Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Food Amnesia

Here is what happens when you stop religiously tracking what you eat - you gain 1kg in a week. This is despite 6 or 7 intense training sessions - sometimes twice a day. This morning I was in total disbelief when I saw the scales at home that I weighed myself at the gym as well. Yep they were right the first time.

I spent the next hour wondering what was wrong with me - was I not eating enough, or was there actually something medically wrong with my metabolism and it's ability to process the healthy food I had eaten all week and burn fat? Should I go and see a nutritionist again - maybe someone different this time?

Then I saw the light - I have amnesia! I haven't been tracking my food and I have been allowing myself little treats here and there. Afterall, I've been doing so much training, right? WRONG!!! I can't remember exactly what I ate, but I can now tell you that the last week included and apple & custard scroll from Baker's Delight, a block of Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate, 2 x caramello koalas, pizza for lunch on Friday, a packet of Pods, 1 small packet dinosaur lollies, 2 x skim hot chocolates, french toast cafe style (as in white bread and maple syrup)... I am going to stop now. You get the picture. I think every day last week must have been a treat day.

So the good news is that there is nothing wrong with me - I have just had a week of eating waaaaay to much crap. I now have some work to do.

2 comments:

MISS PINKY said...

For myself at least, food is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight. I am much better at sticking to a training plan than I am at staying away from bad food.

All you (we) can do is take it one day at a time and hope that at some stage making good food choices becomes second nature. Or, they discover chocolate has less calories and fat than carrots!

Good on you for your training efforts though and good luck for C2S on Sunday!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Nothing wrong with you sweetheart, your doing a fantastic job.
BTW you have the best smile..
Cheryl xx