Monday, November 27, 2006

Ups and downs

It is so easy to get caught up in how far you have come and forget about how far you have to go – or at least lose some of the motivation to get there. I went shopping on Saturday - bought size 14 shorts, and a size 12 top!!! The top will wait a few weeks before it gets an outing cause it will look heaps better then. So I was very motivated and happy. Then come Sunday morning I was lying in bed trying to convince myself that I had to go out for a walk. I had planned to do Spit to Manly (about 9km) but cause none of my friends were able to come I wasn't motivated to do it anymore. That is so not like me! I am usually keen to do these walks with or without my friends. I really had to convince myself to go and do something – I used the old "how bad do I want to get to goal" talk. I ended up going for a bike ride in the morning and a hills and stairs walk at Balmoral in the afternoon. But I had to force myself to do both.

I didn't bring my gym stuff with me today. Just not motivated to go. So I'm going to have to go for a run when I get home. I'll pick a track that goes far away from my house so I have to do the whole thing. None of this going around the local oval a couple of times cause I am in the mood to go around once and give up. I have PT tomorrow so that should get me back on track. I can't slack off then!


Here's the lovely Opera House. I love Sydney - it's so beautiful!!


Here's a pic of the view from the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I walked over to Pitt St on Saturday to go shopping - and walked home again as well!

No comments: