I'm posting a typical menu for me. Here's what I had yesterday...
7am 1 x weet-bix with 1/2 cup All Bran and no fat milk
10am green tea and a nectarine
12.30pm wrap with ham, cheese and mushrooms, toasted and 1 can diet coke
3pm skinny hot chocolate
5pm handful of grapes
7pm chicken & cashew stirfry (small piece of chicken, heaps of veggies, cashews, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce)
7.30pm 1/2 punnet strawberries with small scoop low fat ice cream
+ 2-3 litres of water throughout the day
Basically I try to eat every 2-3 hours, but small amounts. The hot chocolate was a treat – maybe a once a week thing. Usually my snacks are either fruit, muesli bar, rice crackers, sultanas etc. I spend alot of time reading nutritional panels at the supermarket! I try to find products that are low GI and not too high in sugar. I have found alot of the WW products are high in sugar - you can find better alternatives.
I also allow myself one night off a week where I have a couple of wines and don't worry too much about what I eat. I still don't eat fried food - it's usually Thai, or it could be lollies at the movies. The night varies according to my social calendar!
I have found the key to this is varying your diet and the amount you eat so that your metabolism doesn't become complacent. As I increased my training I found I wasn't eating enough – I had to increase the protein in my diet. For example, if I was making an omlette I would add an extra egg white or two. I have gradually reduced carbs at night. I love my corn on the cob and potato though, so I usually have those after I have trained at the gym cause they are the nights I will burn them faster. The changes have been gradual and through trial and error. Every body is different - it is a matter of finding the right combination of carbs, protein and fats for your body.
I must say thankyou to all the lovely people who have commented on my blog and on my posts on the WW boards. I have lost almost 20kg, but I still have almost 30kg to go to reach goal. It is people like you who keep me on track and focussed and believing that I can get there. Someone on the boards said, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". That is exactly right. No food makes me feel as good as reading all of your words of encouragement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i love that saying..and its sooo true!!!
you look amazing..if i wasnt inspired before I CERTAINLY AM NOW!!!!
Post a Comment