Monday, July 23, 2007

Disappointments

I was so disappointed in myself yesterday. I was all set to do my 14km training run. I was planning on using it to set a time goal for City 2 Surf. But I woke up really really really sore from my resistance session on Saturday! Arms, legs, everything. It hurt to walk, I struggled to dress myself (that was kind of funny!), and it really hurt to run. I think in total, I ran about 7km and hobbled the rest. It wasn't even what I would call walking!

I was really upset with myself. I wanted to do so much better, and I knew that I could. But my body decided it had had enough.

Thinking about it today, I'm over it now. It was just a little "moment" I had. No more Saturday weight sessions until after C2S - running needs to be my priority for the next 3 weeks if I am going to make it! I have to realise that I can't do everything. 4 PT sessions and a long run in one week is probably a little excessive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

youll be ok honey, just lay off the weights. i know when i train for cardio events i need to stop doing pump koz i get sore in the wrong places for running/uphill climbing..

good luck and be fabulous like always!

we should catch up again real soon.... let me know when ur free and we can do lunch or a coffee sometime, but no gloria hot choccies.. hehe actually yes, i want one and i WIILL have one this weekend hahaha.

d xxx

p.s. CAMERAS!!! we need pics!

emharvie said...

lunch it is!

emharvie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ Photography said...

Thanks for the words of support on my site - now it's my turn on yours!

You'll do another run! And just think, even if you don't, you've still got the 14km to do on the City to Surf! And you're going to blitz it!

I got my green Bib in the mail today, I was very excited, as I pushed so hard last year to get under the 100min (I did 95) to get in the faster pack. But I know you'll be screaming up behind me soon!!