Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've missed my blog :(

For some reason, I haven't been able to log in on my new work computer. But today it worked, so here I am!

Feeling sooooo much better now. Have been back in full swing at the gym. Running group Friday and Wednesday, plus a run on the weekend and another PT session with Dan. I feel fantastic and the scales are moving in my favour again (finally!) After a weekend of eating lots of very bad food (and enjoying every minute of it!) I put on 1.3kg. I have now lost that and a bit more so am highly motivated again. I'm back to planning my meals every day, walking at least 45 minutes a day plus 3 x PT sessions and a long run on the weekends. Before I got sick I was doing 4 PT sessions a week (2 x running and 2 x weights or boxing) but have cut back on that so that I don't get sick again. 5 weeks to City 2 Surf, and I might just make it.

Since starting running group about 6 weeks ago, I have doubled the distance that I can run. How cool is that! I'm up to 10km which I NEVER thought possible. I might even be able to run the whole City 2 Surf which was not even part of my goal. There is talk of continuing the running group once a week after C2S which would be really cool. I would love to be able to run 10km comfortably a couple of times a week (it is certainly not comfortable at the moment).

New job is fantastic. I love the people and am getting to work on a variety of projects. And not just print - we do TV and all sorts of other marketing as well. It is a whole new world. Everybody is open to ideas and involves the whole team in projects - which makes sense, but it just didn't happen in my old job.

Enough rambling from me today.
xxx

2 comments:

sherrie38 said...

Hey Em,

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I am a long time reader of your blog, and have missed your regular posts- I thoroughly enjoy reading them! Best of luck in the lead up to the C2S- I am sure you will smash Heartbreak Hill :)

Anonymous said...

im glad ur feeling better lovely.

oh yes and speaking of better or NOT, i have a massive blister on my foot from running, so i can hardly walk! can we meet for a drink instead or even give it a miss this weekend and make it next weekend koz reece will be in melb next wkend and i will be able to spend more time alone... with you!

what do u think? make it next weekend to meet up instead?

luv d xx