Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ups and downs

Have had a really tough week at work this week. Too much work, not enough staff, unrealistic deadlines that can't be moved, and one staff member with a big attitude problem. To be honest, I can handle the deadlines. I have a generally great team, and can use freelnacers. It is the attitude problem I can't deal with.

He totally stressed me out on Tuesday. I was nearly in tears. I came in Wednesday morning, spoke to my boss about it and realised he had the same problem and there were things happening to rectify the problem. Made me feel so much better. That said though, the 'problem' didn't come to work yesterday, so I was an extra person down which didn't help.

I handled the stress better than I used to, but not completely as I would have liked. Tuesday I still ate well, went for a walk but didn't train. Yesterday I went for a run at lunchtime and felt 100 times better. But then I went to the pub after work and made some bad choices. A few drinks wouldn't hurt - but the calamari and chips for dinner will! And I didn't even enjoy it - I would have been much better off with steak & veg or a salad. Oh well... onwards and upwards. Back to the gym at lunchtime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a nice stress free relaxing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Em I hope the problem gets sorted out at work for you... You are dead right though it is harder to work with difficult people than with difficult deadlines etc...

Hang in there and I am sure your boss will move quickly on it - they wont want it to effect their good staff members eh :)

Take care x