Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sometimes guys just don't get it!

I had a rather amusing chat with Rusty last night. Because I do all my fitness assessments with Dan I don't really discuss it much with Rusty. He knows my goal is fat loss, but we have never really gone into detail about what I am trying to achieve. We just seem to talk about other stuff!

Well last night after work we met up for a hot chocolate and started talking about my goals. I told him I wanted to get to 70kg by the end of May, as I was hoping to be able to book in my breast reduction surgery for then. That would take of an estimated 2kg, and then I would be pretty much where I want to be (I think!). He was fascinated. Obviously a bit of a 'boob man' he wanted to know why I would want a BR. I explained briefly the discomfort, neck/shoulder pain and the fact that I just plain hate them and it effects my self confidence. Then he wanted to know how they do it, what's involved etc. It was very funny - he was fascinated!!

It was a good chat to have, even if I was a little embarrassed discussing my boobs with him! My plan is to lose an average of 800 grams a week, which will get me to 70kg at the end of may. My surgeon's advice was I need to at least get to 75kg to prevent them changing significantly with further weight loss, but if I am paying thousands of dollars I want GREAT boobs, so I am planning for 70kg!

At this point I am a week ahead of schedule which is great, because I have a weekend in Melbourne coming up and my parents are coming to Sydney for Easter - and that usually involves a little less restricted eating and training.

Today's menu results "You have used 1180 out of your net daily budget of 1600 calories and have 420 calories remaining. 19% of the calories are from fat, 36% from protein, 44% from carbs and 0% from alcohol."

Day Total
1180 Cals
Fat 25g
Protein 105.1g
Carb 128.6g
Fibre 16g
Sodium 1425mg

A little low in calories... might find something else low carb to eat later if I get hungry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got the same thing with certain blokes at work. they still dont get it. but i am not flat chested now which is good for them i s'pose.

i can't even remember what my big boobs used to look like, until i see pics of course. i actually have days now where i think shit, are they getting bigger? but they sooo aren't.

you will get there. hell, with your good eating and exercise i am suprised you aren't there already!

emharvie said...

hehe! I'm not always this good... that's the problem :)

Lisa said...

Hi Em,

I have just come across your blog. You have done so well on your weight loss program. I hope you are really proud of yourself!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey there Em...

I guess it would be fascinating for men eh - as it is not likely they would ever want a reduction on their private regions Ha!

You sound like you are on track and with a clear plan ahead :)

Em2 x