Monday, February 04, 2008

Life is busy!

Sorry for the lack of posting... I've been busy! Work has been really really busy which has been fantastic. I am loving it at the moment.

I have continued with my plan. Had a rest day Saturday, but apart from that all exercise complete and accounted for! Rusty even commented on my progress this morning - my rowing is faster, and my running is getting faster too.

I bought some resistance bands yesterday. I was going to get weights - but I needed to spend too much money to get what I wanted, so I thought I would try the bands. I love watching Biggest Loser and always get inspired, so thought I would plan some training in front of the TV. I am yet to work out exactly what I am going to do, but will include pushups, cruches, some of the fitball workout in WH&F this month, plus some exercises with the bands. I'll be back later to post my program.

I also bought some new scales yesterday that measure body fat and muscle mass, so I can monitor things a bit more accurately. I know they are not 100% accurate, but they will monitor progress and that is all I am interested in.

I am still struggling with evening snacking. I get home from work starving, and then after tea I feel like munching on some chocolate or something. So I have worked out that I am not eating enough - especially during the day. My BMR is 1600. I burn at least 400 calories in training every day. Which makes 2000 calories. Take a 20% deficet and that gives me 1600 calories. I have been aiming for 1400 but haven't been getting there. Most days are about 1100. So, eating more this week.

Off to do my new menu and exercise plan...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

agreed on the food front. liz has me on 1500 a day and i struggle to get there but when i dont eat enough in the morning and lunch time i end up snacking at night. so go for it woman.

we must do lunch or dinner soon!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, cant wait to see your meal and exercise plan!
S X

Tori said...

That doesn't sound like a lot of calories...are you sure you're eating enough, particularly with all your exercise??

Also - and this is a message for Tiny Donna (sorry to use your blog to leave it!) Donna, I used to really enjoy your blog before you went private, I commented a couple of times but was pretty quiet... I wondered if you'd mind adding me? Understand if not, I just miss reading your inspiring posts as a former WW girl myself!

Anonymous said...

tori - no worries chicka, just email me - tigerpancakes at hotmail dot com and tell me your blogger email address and i will invite you! :D