Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Goals

I am a little daunted by this idea, but I think I'll do it anyway. In exactly 12 months time... New York Marathon.





Yep that's right. It doesn't have time limits so I can walk some of it and run as slow as I like. How cool would it be? I've never been to America, and would love to do something as fabulous as the NYC Marathon. So far, 3 of us are planning on going - the other two are experienced runners. Initially I enthusiastically offered to be their cheer squad, then they talked me into doing it.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Not to put a dampener on your plans, because it's a great idea - but do you realise how hard it is to get a spot in the race? Virtually impossible if you haven't run it before, or aren't raising money for a charity. Just something you should look into soon if you want to go in the lottery for a spot!

emharvie said...

Yep! We've registered for one of those packages where you get guaranteed entry & accommodation. We'll find out in December if we get one. I think this is the best option as apparently only 25% of Aussies in the lottery get a spot... not very good odds!

Tori said...

Sounds like you're right on it! Good job.

Cheryl said...

Em, I think that is a fantstic goal!! Go girl!
XXX