Monday, October 27, 2008

Tired tired tired

Have been training my arse off lately - 6 days a week of really intense sessions. After Saturday's PT session all I could do was lie on the floor breathing. Couldn't even stretch! Food has been pretty good, (but too much chocolate) and I've been averaging 0.5kg a week. If I cut out the chocolate imagine what could happen!

I have managed to kick the after dinner cravings. I've always known I'm not hungry, it has just been the little voice in my head telling me I want something sweet. And as I don't keep sweet things in the house, I usually end up with weetbix or something. For the past 2 weeks I have had my healthy dinner and then had a cup of tea while watching some TV or reading my book. When I go to bed I am no longer feeling full, and by the time I get home from the gym at 7.15am I am STARVING! Now if I could kick the 3pm "I need carbs" feeling I really will be kicking goals.

Today feeling really really tired. I have had a good dose of DOMS since Saturday's session, and I topped that up with spin this morning. My legs don't want to play anymore.

Went to a picnic on Saturday to raise money for Breast Cancer. We went all out with pink cup cakes, large pink cakes in the shape of boobs, pink tim tams (which actually aren't that great, by the way), biscuits with pink icing and lollies, marshmallows, slice... you name it, it was there. Totally ODed on sugar - my stamina is certainly not what it used to be. I woke up with a food hangover on Sunday. I'll post some photos when they pop up on Facebook - I didn't take any with my camera.

H came to the picnic and sat at one end of the picnic blanket with a heap of girls we didn't know, and discussed her liposuction (yep she had lipo), how much weight she has lost, her exercise and what she eats. I sat there with B and N astounded! Later in the day she had the same discussion she had with me, with N... and didn't seem to realise how she dominated the conversation all afternoon with the same kind of talk she was criticising us for.

She has also cancelled our Tuesday morning PT sessions. We share a session with Dan each week as it makes it alot cheaper for both of us, plus I usually enjoy it. She is claiming financial reasons, but I don't think she'll start Tuesdays again when she gets her finances sorted. She mentioned 2 other things... she HATES getting up for a 6am session and sees no need for it, and she doesn't think she gets the best results from sharing a session. I think that is because all the attention is not on her. I share all my sessions with other people - it is the only way I can afford to do 3 sessions a week.

So I rang Dan last night to have a chat to him about it. I didn't say much about H, as I don't want him caught in the middle. But I did say that I couldn't afford to train on my own long term. A week or two here and there is OK, but I can't do it every week. I have a PT budget and want to stretch it as far as I can. So, I had to break up with Dan. We had a good laugh over it, and he is not offended at all. I am now going to train with Rusty 3 times a week.

I am disappointed I won't be training with Dan, cause I really do enjoy our sessions. I'm going to have to make more of an effort to catch up with him for coffee regularly as he is one of my favourite people. I am not however, missing H. Strange - I'm not even upset about it. I kind of roll my eyes and move on! OK bitching session is over!

1 comment:

Miss LJ said...

This 'H' chick sounds like a bit of a pain! I read through your other post - and she sounds like a bit of an attention seeker to me...

Pity about your training with Dan, but at least you still get to do some PT work with Rusty.

Keep up the good work!! Sounds like you have really been getting stuck into it all. I should take a leaf outa your book I think! You are inspirational.