While the thought of running 42km scares me to death, the training scares me even more, which is why I have decided not to do the marathon. My body doesn't cope well with running high km every week - training for City2Surf proved that, and that was only a 12 week program.
To train for the marathon, I would have to increase my base km each week before even starting the 18km program. My body is not made for that, and I need to be realistic about it. The thought of the pain and risk of injury puts me off.
If Rusty and Dunc are going, then I will still go as a 'non-runner' and check it all out, plus we'll turn it into a proper holiday.
And as for running, I am going to work on improving my 10km times and do a few shorter races - Minimos is 10km, City2Surf 14km and the Bridge Run 9km.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Em, If your going to the US well then you should do the race. no one said you have to run the whole thing. I do understand if you dont want too.
Have a good weekend!
XXX
Post a Comment