Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Running

I have just bought the book "The Complete Book of Running for Women" by Claire Kowalchik - as recommended on Katie P's blog. I just have to share one paragraph with you - cause this is exactly what happened to me....

Many women take up running to lose weight - with good reason, since running is one of the most efficient and best carlorie-burning activities around. What often happens, though, is that once a woman begins running, she discovers many rewards she didn't expect. Running relieves her stress. It gives her more engery, makes her feel good physically. Weight loss becomes secondary. She continues to run and to improve, and she loses a few pounds, even though that's no longer the focus. She feels good about her body and about herself.


I need to start running again! I need to get back to that place. Once I get better of course :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome quote.. and i bet its totally true :)

you'll get back into it.. just give yourself time! :)

p.s. look at the xmas blog hahah!

Leanne said...

What a great quote. Hope you're feeling better soon... and I love the comment on prev post about not doing hosuework... if only I could have someone tell me that!!!

Take care of yourself... and I'm sure you'll be back into it again soon.

Anonymous said...

Running is the best thing that ever happened to me..... I feel like someone let me into some big secret!!!
I love it and wish that I could run this week.... if I do though, I will bust something EEKKK!!
S X

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!! :)

KatieP said...

Inspired by you I signed up for the bridge run on Sunday too. Got my race kit today.
See you at the start/finish/as you are running past me.
My bib number is 16558 - what's yours?
K

KatieP said...

Whoops that will teach me for not reading past the first post.
Sorry to hear you are unwell - take it easy - I'll run for you!
K
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Em they are wonderful words! Do you know I haven't run since school days Ha! But always thought I wanted to give it a go - I bet it is a wonderful stress release! Although I do think I will look like Phoebe of Friends - did you see that episode of her running in the park hehe....

Luv mE Em