Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Downhill run to 30kg!!!

I am flying along this week. Diet has been really good and really pushing the exercise. I didn't train Saturday or Sunday (I can't remember the last time I had 2 days off!) and feel great. Did a 1 hour PT weights session and a 30 min run yesterday. I am very very very sore today. My bum hurts! Only 3 weeks til I go to Thailand, so trying to drop 3.5kgs by then which will take me to 30kg lost. So going to be super good. No alcohol, no sugar, cardio every day and 2 or 3 weights sessions a week. It'll be my own little RAID!

One of the trainers at my gym is going to start a running group to train for the City to Surf so I am going to join that. I can only do about 3km before I have to have a little walk, so I have a long way to go, but he assures me it can be done. Apparently getting to where I am is the hardest part, and it should come quickly from here. 14km here I come!

Still job hunting. After the interviews last week I have a bit better idea of what I want to do, so have said no to them, but have another one lined up this week which sounds just about perfect. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jill said...

em you are such an inspiration to me, I am just starting my journey and to see how far you have come helps me realise i too can do it, i am also training with a personal trainer 3 times a week at the moment boy is it hard i can't wait to exercise gets easier, I am sure you will get your 30 before you go away.

Lisa said...

Hi Em
Thanks for your comments on my blog - thought I should pop in and see how you are doing. Yes, I'm sure you can do the C2Surf - your trainer is right, its getting to be able to run continuously for a while that's the hard part, after that increases in mileage are quite straightforward. If you haven't read them already - I have quite a few posts on my training for the City to Bay last year - and I made it just like you will! BTW - you've made an amazing transformation - keep going - how much further to goal?