Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a weekend!

I had a weak moment on Friday and agreed to go for a run at Bondi with Nathan on Saturday morning.... for fun! HE'S A PERSONAL TRAINER. What was I thinking?!! We started off together, then I sent him on his merry way to run ahead and pick me up on the way back! There was no point even trying to keep up! It was good though - we did about 6km.

Saturday night had dinner and a few wines with a girlfriend and then Sunday flew to Melbourne. My girlfriend picked me up from the airport and then took us off for a manicure and pedicure! It was such a nice surprise... an afternoon of pampering. Had dinner at the pub. Hmmmm chips. Haven't had chips in a while... they were good! But very naughty. Spent Monday at our Mt Waverley office. It was so good to see everyone - just like coming "home". Which I guess it was, cause I used to spend more time there than at my real home! Couldn't believe how easily I slipped back into old habits though. Got busy and forgot to have breakfast. Then went to the pub for lunch. Started off well... Diet Coke, grilled chicken with mushrooms... except it came with chips. I can say no to chips... unless they are on my plate in front of me. Twice in one weekend. That is so bad. Had a great time, but spent the plane trip back to Sydney sulking about my lack of willpower (there was chocolate involved Sunday night as well). Hopped on the scales this morning for a sneak preview - and I lost 100g. I seriously expected a 1kg gain. But no! Yay me! Back to the gym tonight....

3 comments:

Trisca.. said...

Go Em! Glad to hear your resolve is well and truly in place. I think I'd find it extremely hard to resist the chips if they were on my plate too. Glad to hear you're straight back into it though.. I'm thinking 2007 is really going to be your year! Looking forward to having you come join us down in the 80s here soon too.. not long now!!

Trisca.. xo

Anonymous said...

hey gorgeous.. i emailed u tonight.. 100grams is ok.. youre doing really well considering youve been so busy!

lots a luv and a very merry xmas to you gorgeous girl

d xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rae said...

Em you are a Brave Brave girl, what where you thinking, my first thought would be personal trainer? i spy so chippies that need me immmediate attention...
(i am with you on the chippies thing...)
But you are looking so good, and have done so well, and I hope you had a merry christmas and a fantastic new year, cos i am sure 2007 is going to be a great (and goal achieving) year for you!
Go Em Go!
Rae :)