Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Listen to your body

OK so I learnt this one the hard way. Had a week of feeling tired and run down, but assumed it was because I had had a big weekend and hadn't eaten enough red meat. Ended up with a really sore mouth from one of my wisdom teeth pushing into my cheek. So braved a visit to the dentist last Thursday and had it removed. Spent a couple of days feeling sorry for myself, but looked forward to being able to exercise again on Saturday. Didn't feel too great, so just did a pretty easy walk. However, woke up Sunday morning with the worst sore throat I had ever had. It was so swollen I thought I was destined for hospital! It seems I have picked up a bacterial infection (possibly from the dentist) and have a nice dose of acute pharangitis. I've spent a couple of days in bed and am so bored I have dragged myself into work today. Nathan has told me to take a week off from gym, so I am doubly obsessing about what I eat as I am not exercising at all. Add to that, all I feel like eating is ice cream or custard cause it is easy to swallow. So much for the bikini at Christmas time....

No comments: