Monday, September 18, 2006

Another weekend down....

Weekends are always the hardest aren't they??!! I started off OK (staying at Mum and Dad's was always going to be the easy bit), and even though I managed not to drink AT ALL, I don't feel like I did very well. OK, so not drinking when spending 36 hours with PageSet boys is a massive achievement. But I threw everything I have learnt out the window. I didn't drink enough water, I didn't eat when I should and I don't think I had any vegetables at all.

It makes it a bit clearer as to why I couldn't do this before. I tend to just go along with everyone else... breakfast at 11am means you don't want lunch, then you get busy and all of a sudden it's 6pm and all I've eaten is some eggs, 1 piece of light rye bread and a few mushrooms. I got up and went for a run Sunday morning before anyone else was out of bed, and the reaction from Matty when I got back was "You What??" I guess when you haven't been there you don't understand. I also haven't talked about it with him at all. I'm not sure why - I can talk to him about pretty much anything, except for the one thing that is most important to me at the moment. He did say something along those lines last night - that I don't talk to him about stuff that bothers me. He is someone I consider one of my best friends, yet I can't just blurt everything out. I'm not his boss anymore, so I can't use the work thing as an excuse.

Being home for a weekend was kind of weird. Firstly I had so much on and so many people to see that I didn't actually spend any quality time with anyone. I really wish I had longer at Mum and Dad's, but it's hard when they live so far away, so it was easier to stay in the city. I got to Sunday night feeling a little disappointed, and very, very tired. A bit of a reality check - everything is exactly the same as when I left. People are going to the same places and doing the same things. Life goes on - and it's just the same as it always was. Sydney is still exciting. I go different places all the time and am meeting some awesome people. The novelty may wear off soon, but for now I am loving it.

The most frustrating thing is that everyone still has the same complaints about their lives. And, 4 months ago that was me. I know that. I knew what I didn't like but either didn't know how to change it, or was scared of changing it. But I have changed so much in the last 4 months, and am working on changing the things that matter (ie. my weight), and forgetting about the things that don't.

So anyway, today is back on track. IT"S ALL ABOUT ME!!!! I am back to drinking 3L of water a day. I am back to eating every 3 hours and back to making wise food choices. And I have 2 x PT sessions between now and Thursday's weigh-in so I can get the old metabolism kick started and burning away so the scales will be nice to me again.

I am off to a PT session shortly. After only 4 hours sleep I am going to struggle, but I am still going to go. Sorry for the rambling – this weekend has made me think ALOT! Need to get some of it out of my head!!!

No comments: